Fortran information & resources
- Fortran resource file - updated 4 August 2015
detailed and up-to-date Fortran information covering compilers, books, on-line training material, graphics, parallel programming, analysis, conversion & maintenance tools, electronic lists, standards bodies, Fortran groups & newsletters, Fortran tools, libraries & applications
- The Fortran 2008 standard was published on 6 October 2010
- The new features of Fortran 2008 (N1891), John Reid, WG5 Convener (pdf)
- replaces N1828
- Coarrays in the next Fortran standard, John Reid, WG5 Convener (pdf)
- Technical Specification 29113 was published in 2012. This Technical Specification extends the facility of Fortran for interoperating with C.
Fortran standards work
- WG5 - the official home of Fortran standards
- Compiler support for Fortran 2003 and 2008 standards (pdf) - October 2014
This article appears regularly in Fortran Forum.
- Polyhedron Software sell a range of Fortran compilers.
- Fortran compiler release 6.0 available on Unix, Windows & Mac OS
- Fortran Builder - an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for release 6.0 of the Microsoft Windows version of the NAG Fortran compiler.
- free compiler - from GNU Fortran project.
Fortran electronic lists, faq & groups
a Jiscmail hosted list which is restricted to questions about Fortran since the publication of the Fortran 90 standard. It can either be browsed on-line or subscribed to and postings will be received by email.
a Usenet news hosted list covering all aspects of Fortran.
a publication of the Special Interest Group in Programming Languages (SIGPLAN) of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM). Fortran Forum was founded by Loren Meissner and is published three times year.
a business-related social networking site with a lively Fortran group.
Graphics LibrariesFortran's history
an article written by Brian Meek in 1990 on the development of Fortran.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org